We sent out notices for this but will try to get a posting up more than a few hours before the next one! As usual the meeting will be both online and face to face at the Forge Initiative in Apex, NC. We expect to get a recording of this meeting onto YouTube with a link that will be here.
Here is the agenda:
- Hellos, introductions and announcements
- Review of current version 0.1.0 Edger features
- Ant web API access from Python
- Review of some of the upcoming features for version 0.2.0
- Command line console via USB
- Additional new features
- If time allows, discussion about what to use to augment Signal for communication and how to deploy it
Here are slides that will be shared at the meeting:
- Aardvark current behavior PDF
- Ant current web API and example Python script access PDF
- Rev 0.2.0 USB command line console interface to Ant PDF
With users switching to the new rev 2 “white board” development kit (described here) following the move of project files to https://github.com/TriEmbed/edger there is now a new end user oriented installation procedure. This is described below in great detail for the sake of users not familiar with Linux.
These instructions make use of a prototype Edger installer script tested with regular Ubuntu and Ubuntu Mate version 20.04. The instructions below were made with Ubuntu Mate.
Use the “prtscr” key to capture screen shots of problems and share them with Pete Soper and Carl Nobile by email or Signal to get help.
Wednesday the 15th we’ll have an Edger meeting at the Forge Initiative at 2172 Salem St., suite 002, Apex, NC. This is the new space above and behind the main one (suite 101). Doors will open at 6:30pm for setup and the meeting will start at 7pm and finish at 9pm. This will be a hybrid meeting with a Jitsi session at https://meet.jit.si/TriEmbed.
– Demo from last time: Current Edger behavior
– More about release cycle
Beta test process: volunteers needed
– Next phase work
– YouTube video
– Visiting potential sponsors
Demo of coming features
Demo HTTP end points
New web site at https://edger.app